The Faces of Global Health:
Let's Talk About Being Black in Public Health
The Task Force for Global Health’s Council for Opportunity, Diversity & Equity (CODE) presents the first event in a series called “The Faces of Global Health.” This facilitated panel discussion will feature Task Force colleagues from diverse backgrounds, showcasing how different perspectives and experiences make our work more successful. In honor of Black History Month, February’s panel will focus on the experiences of our Black colleagues. This event is open to our community as a way to amplify Black stories in global health.
When: Thursday, February 18, 2021 at 1PM (EST)
Where: Virtual via Zoom
Dr. Yves-Rose Porcena (she/her/hers), Vice President for Equity and Inclusion, Agnes Scott College. More about Dr. Porcena here.
- Adam Johnson (he/him/his), Interim Project Manager, Training Programs in Epidemiology and Public Health Interventions Network (TEPHINET). More about Adam here.
- Sam McKeever (she/her/hers), Project Manager, TEPHINET. More about Sam here.
- Juneka Rembert (she/her/hers), Senior Business Analyst, Public Health Informatics Institute. More about Juneka here.
- Leah Wyatt (she/her/hers), Senior Associate Coalition Director, Health Campaign Effectiveness Coalition. More about Leah here.
- Moumine Yaro (he/him/his), Supply Chain Specialist, International Trachoma Initiative. More about Moumine here.