Ethics, Equity, and Human Rights Resources
Photo courtesy of Brent Stirton/Getty Images for ITI
Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- David G Addiss, Yvonne Kienast, James V Lavery, Ethical dimensions of neglected tropical disease programming, Transactions of The Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, Volume 115, Issue 2, February 2021, Pages 190–195, https://doi.org/10.1093/trstmh/traa155
- Lo NC, Heft-Neal S, Coulibaly JT, Bendavid E, Addiss DG. Global state of inequity in deworming coverage in low-income and middle-income countries: a spatiotemporal study of household health surveys. Lancet Global Health, in press.
- Addiss DG, Berman J. Elimination of neglected tropical diseases: Catalytic investment, remarkable success, unfinished business. Clin Infect Dis 2019; in press.
- Hall-Clifford R, Addiss DG, Cook-Deegan R, Lavery JV. Global health fieldwork ethics: Mapping the challenges. Health and Human Rights Journal, 2019; 21:1-5.
- Addiss DG. Evidence, opportunity, ethics, and the allure of zero leprosy. Lepra Rev 2018; 89:90-101.
- Amon J, Addiss DG. “Equipping practitioners”: Linking neglected tropical diseases and human rights. Health Human Rights J. 2018; 5-10.
- Addiss, DG. Mindfulness, compassion, and the foundations of global health ethics. In: Monteiro LM, Compson J, Musten RF, eds., Practitioner’s guide to ethics and mindfulness-based interventions. New York, NY: Springer 2017; 295-322.
- Amon JA, Addiss DG. Unfinished Business: Human Rights and the Future of NTD Control and Elimination. The Task Force for Global Health. Dispatches from the Field. July 31, 2018.
- Addiss DG. The Task Force Launches Focus Area on Compassion and Ethics. The Task Force for Global Health. Dispatches from the Field. May 24, 2018.
- Public Health Informatics Institute. Vivian Singletary and David Addiss on data ethics for public health practitioners, PHII Voices, April 19, 2019, https://www.phii.org/blog/podcast-vivian-singletary-and-david-addiss-data-ethics-public-health-practitioners
- Public Health Informatics Institute. Vivian Singletary and David Addiss on big data and consumer health privacy, PHII Voices, March 20, 2019, https://www.phii.org/blog/podcast-vivian-singletary-and-david-addiss-big-data-and-consumer-health-privacy
- Walking the Fine Line Between Ethical Practices and Public Health Goals. Task Force for Global Health Newsletter. August 28, 2018. https://www.taskforce.org/walking-the-fine-line-between-ethical-practices-and-public-health-goals.
- Ethical Considerations for Neglected Tropical Diseases Addressed Through Preventive Chemotherapy. Session 123, 67th annual meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, New Orleans, October 31, 2018.
- Compassion in global health and NTD control. 9th Neglected Tropical Disease NGO Network (NNN) meeting, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, September 25, 2018.
- Global Health as Social Justice: Unfinished Business. The 17th Biennial Meeting of the International Society for Justice Research, Atlanta, Georgia, July 26, 2018.
- Mass Drug Administration: A Case Study in Global Health Ethics. Global Health Course, University of Minnesota, May 24, 2018.