Journal Articles and Book Chapters
- Addiss, DG. Compassion in Disasters. CHA USA 2019: November – December.
- Addiss, DG. Spiritual themes and challenges in global health. J Med Humanit 2018; 39:337–348.
- Addiss DG. At heart, global health draws on compassion, solidarity and justice. Health Progress 2018, July-August: 47-52.
- Addiss, DG. Mindfulness, compassion, and the foundations of global health ethics. In: Monteiro LM, Compson J, Musten RF, eds., Practitioner’s guide to ethics and mindfulness-based interventions. New York, NY: Springer 2017; 295-322.
- Addiss, DG. Compassion in an age of globalization: Who is my neighbor? Health Progress 2016; September-October:19-22.
- Addiss, DG. Globalization of compassion: The example of global health. In: Gill S and Cadman D, eds. Why love matters: Values in governance. New York, NY: Peter Lang Publishing 2016; 107-119.
Addiss DG. When the student is ready, the teacher appears. In Rotbart H, ed. Miracles we have seen: America’s leading physicians share stories they can’t forget. Deerfield Beach, Florida: HCI Books 2016; 190-197.
- Catholic Health Association. Episode 3 – Caring for those who suffer. Posted July 10, 2018. https://www.chausa.org/newsroom/podcast
- Compassion – the Heart of Quality Health Services. WHO Lunchtime Seminar, World Health Organization, Geneva, 25 July 2019.
- The Necessity of Compassion in Global Health. Izumi Foundation Partner’s Meeting. Boston, Massachusetts, June 18, 2019.
- Compassion, Ethics, and Medical Donation Program Excellence. MedSurplus Alliance Summit, Task Force for Global Health, Decatur, Georgia, May 14, 2019
- Compassion: The Foundation of Global Health and Global Health Ethics. Global Health Residency Scholars Program, Emory University School of Medicine, January 14, 2019